heisenberg wrote:
> I can agree with that, no problem.

This is an important factor to why it so hard to compare stuff , you
seems very fascinated by the Beatles re releases for example was it not
one 24bit version that was very similar to a 16bit version but 0,2dB
louder .

A more common problem is for example comparing CD players in a hifi shop
or comparing a Squeezebox to a CD player .
The simple fact that line level sources rarely have exactly the same
output level have escaped many .
Which makes just keeping the amplifier level identical insufficient to
make a fair comparison ! And this is how most people do when listening
in the hifi shop . I never been to a hifi shop where they try to fix
this :)
But then again many clerks in these shops are wannabe clowns idolising
the hifi press and always tries to peddle a bunch of cables on top off
your purchase , cables that has far higher margin than the product ,
oops .