Quad wrote:
> I have a question for you guys: ralphpnj, Julf, Mnyb, Archimago, mlsstl
> (order is not important)
>
> Do you think you are able to discern Diet Coke and Coke?
>
> Almost everyone claims to be able to identify them but the majority
> can't. Many tests have proven this.
>
> But I can. Here I stand; I can do none other (double blind tested, I
> promise). So what's wrong with my system?
>
> (My library is in FLAC and I stream as FLAC.)

Not sure why the Coke analogy is relevant, though I could see the issue
being important to a diabetic.

My only point wasn't for the sake of talking people down. Rather, that
in discussing audio perception, if one doesn't take subconscious bias
factors into account when discussing what's audible and what's not under
sighted* conditions, then you're pretending the elephant in the room
isn't there. (*"sighted" meaning that we have knowledge of the
difference between the items being tested.)

The same is true with any situation where we are using only our human
senses to determine the difference between items under sighted
conditions.