Mnyb wrote:
> The simplest measurements of them all would be at the analog output of a
> DAC any DAC, even if a product do "improve" stuff farther up in the
> chain, what’s eventually matters is what’s leaving the DAC .
> If a professional magazine or site reviews they better test a whole
> bunch of DAC's with different design to see if the effect varies if its
> there at all .
>
> Why this product in this tread ? start a new tread on the regen , the
> other one got closed .
>
> On that can the mods please start a separate keny and arny slugfest
> tread :D (with a theme song only aviable as DSD128 ) it would improve
> the S/N level (no i dont care who started it's probably decades ago in
> another forum unrelated to squeezeboxes , but it's evident that we see
> much more jkeny when arnyk is around ?) then they can go over and figth
> it out and then return to the normal tread to debate on topic win win .

if the measurements were simple there wouldn't be any debate.

you need to find measurements that reflect peoples experience when
hearing differences due to things upstream of the dac. To date those
measurements haven't been found, however there's a growing cottage
industry of improved products based developed according to how they
sound.

It is to the objectivists shame that they haven't moved the debate on
from believing that because current measurements don't show a difference
then anyone reporting a difference must be insane.

Touch optimisations http://touchsgotrythm.blogspot.co.uk/