Hiss is not appealing to me at all, so it's not that. I absolutely
loathed cassette, even before CD's came out. Most vinyl seems to be EQed
just right, while CD's wildly vary...many of them being "brickwalled".
But it should be mentioned that I've heard a lot of remastered vinyl
that have very poor EQ as well...some of them sounding no better than
CD's. And to be fair, some CD's are just plain better. I heard a Genesis
Abacab German CD the other day that slaughters the vinyl...at least the
pressings I've heard.

But overall I just find the mastering on many LP's superior. Supertramp
Crime of the Century is a good example. To my ears there isn't one good
sounding digital recording of it. The MFSL CD, that so many gush over,
is the worst I've ever heard.