[please write to the ML]
Robby Workman wrote:
> Julian Andres Klode wrote:
>> Robby Workman wrote:
>>> Hi!  I'm one of the maintainers of SlackBuilds.org, an unofficial
>>> project providing build scripts for applications/libraries/et al
>>> that aren't shipped as part of the official Slackware distribution.
>>> We have received a user submission of a build script for aufs,
>>> and we have tested it against a cvs snapshot from 20080128.
>>>
>>> We basically provide the build script and associated files needed to
>>> compile the application into a package, and one of the
>>> "associated files" includes a direct download link to the source
>>> tarball.  However, since there isn't (or we can't find) a stable
>>> release of aufs available, we are curious if you guys would mind us
>>> hosting a cvs snapshot on our server?
>> You could also use the snapshots from the Debian package, which has a
>> tarball without any modifications.
>>
>> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/aufs/
>>
>> The snapshot you referred to is:
>>  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/aufs/aufs_0+20080129.orig.tar.gz
>>

> That would work too.  Either way, is that a "yes, it's okay" ? :)

I'm only the Debian and Ubuntu maintainer, not the aufs developer.

> I realize that technically there's little one can do to prevent others
> hosting snapshots elsewhere, but we're trying to be polite.  There are
> quite a few projects which (understandably) get quite upset about it
> due to receiving bug reports that have already been fixed in cvs.
From what I read on the ML, there were some users running older versions of
aufs, but nobody complained.

--
Julian Andres Klode, Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
                     Ubuntu Member | Debian Maintainer | Developer

try Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/ | my site: http://jak-linux.org/
         mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | IRC: juliank
            languages:     German  | English