Resending to ml only - sorry about the oversight, Julian :/

Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Robby Workman wrote:
>> Hi!  I'm one of the maintainers of SlackBuilds.org, an unofficial
>> project providing build scripts for applications/libraries/et al
>> that aren't shipped as part of the official Slackware distribution.
>> We have received a user submission of a build script for aufs,
>> and we have tested it against a cvs snapshot from 20080128.
>>
>> We basically provide the build script and associated files
>> needed to compile the application into a package, and one of the
>> "associated files" includes a direct download link to the source
>> tarball.  However, since there isn't (or we can't find) a stable
>> release of aufs available, we are curious if you guys would mind
>> us hosting a cvs snapshot on our server?
> You could also use the snapshots from the Debian package, which has a
> tarball without any modifications.
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/aufs/
>
> The snapshot you referred to is:
>  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/aufs/aufs_0+20080129.orig.tar.gz

That would work too.  Either way, is that a "yes, it's okay" ? :)

I realize that technically there's little one can do to prevent others
hosting snapshots elsewhere, but we're trying to be polite.  There are
quite a few projects which (understandably) get quite upset about it
due to receiving bug reports that have already been fixed in cvs.

-RW