Hi Klaus,

Klaus Knopper:
> Could it be that this simplification broke the "noplink" mount option in
> aufs3.9 for Kernel 3.9? I get I/O errors, and dmesg tells me that
> "au_cpup_single: hi<number> exists on b0 but plink is disabled".

If the message is preceeded by "I/O Error, failed removing broken
entry(-1, -1)" and the sticky bit is set to your upper RW layer, then
I'd suggest you to try "chmod -t /ramdisk" or "mount -t tmpfs -o
mode=0755 tmpfs /ramdisk" after reading
http://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04202.html
and its thread.

J. R. Okajima