Hi Mathew

It is inevitable that pilots will self-launch in the ASG 32 El although the A/C
is not certified for it.

When the ASG 32 El is fully ballasted (to 850 kg) the 27kW (36 hp) motor will
be marginal and
I’m sure the Schleicher flight manual will warn against this practice. The 2m/s
climb rate I saw
during my test flight was with two people on board but probably still almost
100 kg below max.
all up weight. When fully ballasted it is unlikely that you will climb much
above 1,5m/s.

Kind regards from good old Adelaide

Bernard