The EB29D electro has the batteries in the wings http://www.binder-flugmotorenbau.de/eb2900.html?&L=1. I worry about the number of connections there. Anyone care to try to count the number of cells?
Taurus electro has them in the fuselage.
There are actually some industry standard battery form factors e.g. the 18650 and 26650 and 32650 in Li-ion cylindrical cells so if your glider uses a battery that has one of these you'll likely be able to substitute better cells as the tech becomes available so whether they are in the fuselage or wings won't matter.

In the wings they don't add to non lifting parts mass and in fact relieve the bending moment. In the fuselage they do, so you need a stronger and heavier spar.

Mike