On 13/10/2016 11:51 AM, Angus Stewart wrote:

Pilot very lucky to get out of that with only minor injuries and a broken
canopy.

Anyone else got some interesting eagle attack stories?

SCGC's Astir wore an eagle through the leading edge of a wing many years ago. Took out about a 1m section of it. Aircraft landed safely.

I've had a very narrow escape when flying at Bathurst a long time ago. Saw a flash of something that made me look up to see the outstretched legs coming straight at me. Buried the stick in the instrument panel as it zipped past the nose of the glider by not very much.

--
Justin