I was the pilot...

-----Original Message-----
From: Aus-soaring [mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.base64.com.au] On Behalf
Of Justin Couch
Sent: Thursday, 13 October 2016 12:02 PM
To: aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Eagle attacks

On 13/10/2016 11:51 AM, Angus Stewart wrote:

> Pilot very lucky to get out of that with only minor injuries and a
> broken canopy.
>
> Anyone else got some interesting eagle attack stories?

SCGC's Astir wore an eagle through the leading edge of a wing many years
ago. Took out about a 1m section of it. Aircraft landed safely.

I've had a very narrow escape when flying at Bathurst a long time ago.
Saw a flash of something that made me look up to see the outstretched legs
coming straight at me. Buried the stick in the instrument panel as it zipped
past the nose of the glider by not very much.

--
Justin