Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Ramp Check on Tug at Beverley

We could use the British "apron" or "tarmac" both of which are also inappropriate in describing that area. CASA probably uses "ramp" because that's what the FAA calls it. Technically a ramp check in the USA is probably unconstitutional as for the authorities to stop and check you while going about your business in public they need "probable cause". Then again the US government long ago stopped paying attention to that magnificent document.

Wilbur and Orville invented the "airplane" so that's what it should be called IMO. I'll go along with "ramp" too.

Mike