 From: MIKE BORGELT <mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com>
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Ramp Check on Tug at Beverley

We could use the British "apron" or "tarmac"  both of which are also
inappropriate in describing that area.
CASA probably uses "ramp" because that's what the FAA calls it.
Technically a ramp check in the USA is probably unconstitutional as
for the authorities to stop and check you while going about your
business in public they need "probable cause". Then again the US
government long ago stopped paying attention to that magnificent  document.

Wilbur and Orville invented the "airplane" so that's what it should
be called IMO. I'll go along with "ramp" too.

Mike