Sadly, whilst it was great to see a new glider on the air, nothing can be taken
from the comp in terms of potential performance. The 20m class had far more to
do with the pilots than the gliders. The Jones brothers would still have won
flying a DG505!

I got to see it close up for a short period on the last day. Initial
impressions were not what I had expected (but neither was the Arcus). In the
only thermal we had together, the LS8 at max weight out out climber it and then
was gaining in the cruise at 90 knots. I had expected better from both, but
again, this was 1 climb and a short period gliding together

Matt