As long as you think about what you need and check ability against need you
many options could work well.

In practice, I’ve seen SPOT fail to deliver a help message, and worse, the
pilot had no idea this had happened. Without SPOT and no phone reception, first
option is glider chat frequencies, then area frequency, then 121.5, and at
least you know that you got through.

I’ve also seen 3G/4G routinely provide tracking down to below 500’ AGL in the
full comp task area from Narromine. If they don’t re-appear within 30 minutes,
either the phone went flat, or they landed, and using google maps (which is how
the trackers usually display this anyway), you can probably pick the paddock
they landed in

InReach sounds like a good improvement all round though.