On 5/11/17 5:54 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>> Using the following:
>>
>> $SHELL -c 'set -m; while true; do date; /bin/sleep 10; done; echo after'
>>
>> bash devel, ksh93, dash, mksh all break the loop, act as if the shell
>> received a SIGINT, and exit (the final `after' isn't printed).
>
> I confirm for dash. I have not tried bash devel. But this is not what
> I observe with ksh93 and mksh (under Debian/unstable):

That's the wonderful thing about ksh93: having so many different versions
to choose from.

$ ksh93 -c 'echo ${.sh.version}'
Version AIJM 93v- 2013-10-08
$ ksh93 -c 'set -m; while true; do date; /bin/sleep 10; done ; echo after loop'
Thu May 11 10:25:55 EDT 2017
^C
$

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    c...@case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/