On 2017-05-11 11:04:56 -0400, Chet Ramey wrote:
> Sigh. The message you responded to that prompted this sub-discussion was
> the one in which I asked about shell behavior when monitor mode is set in
> a non-interactive shell:
>
> > I'm curious what you think the shell should do in this case. Remember
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
and "this case" was "if bash, then use 'set -m'":

"* With bash and posh, I get:
[...]
If I add "set -m", then bash behaves like [...]"
                        ^^^^

(I did not mention posh with "set -m", as it does not support it:
posh: set: -m: unknown option)

So, I think that you should have been clearer if you wanted the other
shells to be in monitor mode too.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>