Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote, on 26 Apr 2022:

> There's the thing left with e.g. GNU sed per default allowing escape
> sequences in bracket expressions,... but you already have the changes
> from #1233, and I guess there's not much more one can do about this
> situation.
> Perhaps finding out, whether there are even any (current)
> implementations that behave the way POSIX would specify (i.e. not
> considering it an escape sequence) - if there were none, one could
> perhaps implement the "future directions".

It is tested by one of the UNIX conformance test suites, so we know
that at least every certified UNIX system behaves as stated in the
standard (and also some, such as Solaris, that were once certified
but no longer are).

> From my side, these three issues (#1550, #1551 and #1556) may be
> considered fixed with the current proposal in #1550’s note #5816.

Excellent news.  Thank you.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England

  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Christoph Anton Mitterer via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Christoph Anton Mitterer via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Christoph Anton Mitterer via austin-group-l at The Open Group
            • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • Re: [Issue 8... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [Is... Christoph Anton Mitterer via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Oğuz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Christoph Anton Mitterer via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Lawrence Velázquez via austin-group-l at The Open Group