As Philip Mulrane wrote:

> For what it's worth, the XplainedMini appears in Microsofts USB Device
> Viewer utility, and when I installed the filter for libUsb for the
> relevant endpoints of the XplainedMini, they also showed up in
> "install-filter-win.exe"

Yes, it appears there, but it never answers if you try to talk to it.

Been there, done that (in AVRDUDE).  Plain libusb doesn't work
for HIDs on Windows or OSX.  Only FreeBSD and Linux can access
it that way.

Thus, for AVaRICE, I simplified the implementation (compared to
AVRDUDE) by requiring libhidapi for the CMSIS-DAP/EDBG stuff.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/