Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for your response. Much much apreciated.
My apologies if what i ask is pretty simple for more experienced away3d
developers.

I have the example from here:

http://www.flashmagazine.com/articlefiles/away3d/Basic08_sphere.as or in
action

http://www.flashmagazine.com/Tutorials/detail/away3d_basics_5_-_primitives_part_2/

using the sphere that has the panoramic image mapped to it. Started with
that and modifed some of the code.

So essentially i would like to be able to have a button that when it is
active when i click on the sphere it places a point on the spot. And also
then draw lines and maybe embed external objects.

I hope that better illustrates what i mentioned before.
And now for me to research the ideas you suggested before and find some
examples to get me started.:)

Once more thank you.

Cheers
Dan