At 1245054667 time_t, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> I just found xcb_put_image() which sounds way more appropriate for this. I
> still
> think that drawing directly to a pixmap would be 'better', but at least there
> is
> an usable alternative...

So, IIUC, the idea is to use xcb_image_put (probably simpler than
xcb_put_image, but YMMV) to put use an image as an alpha mask for
drawing shapes?

I don't have enough insight to judge right now, but my guess is that
adding a pixmap library to draw pixmap would duplicate drawing API. Not
that the code would double, but we will have 2 distinctives ways to draw
things, which can be a bit confusing.

My first look would be to see how an current image object can be used
and how easy/clean it is with xcb_image_put for example. That'd permit
to keep only one image library exported.

If it's really bad/crappy, then, let's add a pixmap library to draw
1 bit pixmap.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou