Hi Kathy,
The word "perfilhar" may mean that Marcelino was recognized by
Angelo, who could have been his real father but was married and could
not register his son to Umbelina. As you can see, by the time Angelo
"perfilhou"João Marcelino, he  was a widower. I don't think João
Marcelino could be adopted when he was already 40 years old.
João Marcelino lived in Pomba, Brasil and was represented by Rev.
Francisco Pimentel de Noronha (a priest).
I don't understand, though, how João Marcelino could be your husband's
3GG and his brother Baltasar, be your husband's 2GG. Did you husband's
3GG as a widow, marry her brother in law?
The explanation for Baltasar having Angelo's surname may be that both
Baltasar and João Marcelino were Angelo's children and both were
"perfilhados" or Baltasar, if he was younger, may have been born after
Angelo was a widower, therefore he could be registered with his father
name, although the parents were not legally married.
Hope this helps.
Luciana


On Jul 21, 2:21 am, Kathy Cardoza <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'm researching the records for Topo, Sao Jorge on the CCA site. I  
> came across a couple of records that have me stumped. I just don't  
> quite know what they are. If someone could take a quick look at them  
> to see what you think, I'd really appreciate it. They are so different  
> from any other baptismal record I've ever seen.
>
>  From Baptisms:
>
> http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/SJCTB1860-1869/SJ...
>
> This Joao Marcelino Vieira da Costa is a resident of Brazil. The  
> record is dated 2 Jan 1869. It mentions his birth date of 14 Jun 1829  
> in Topo, which I found that record (see the next link.) I know from  
> his baptismal record that he was baptized in Topo. So, what is this?  
> Is he being adopted? His mother, Umbelina Rosa, was my husband's 3GG.  
> This is the second (that I know of) child she had out of wedlock.
>
> Who is Angelo Antonio Vieira da Costa that is mentioned in this  
> record? Is he saying HE was Joao's father? Is this a legitimization?  
> He is also mentioned in the margin notes of this next record (link  
> below), which is Joao's baptismal record.
>
> Umbelina's other child out of wedlock was my husband's 2GG, Baltasar  
> Freitas Vieira da Costa ........interesting as it is the same surname  
> of the above Angelo!
>
> http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/SJCTB1828-1840/SJ...
>
> Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.
>
> Kathy
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
>        http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/azoresindex.html
> Climb my Family Tree:
>        http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/Kathy/index.htm
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to