Dear friends, I am looking for my end of line Manoel Arruda b. 1710 and Maria Resendes b. 1715 both in Nortinho, Sao Pedro Sao Miguel Island. I dont have parents for Manoel Arruda but Maria Resendes is the daughter of Francisco Pereira died before 27/ jun/ 1737 and Margarida Costa. Maria Resende also married Joao Raposo in 12/ mar/1740 in Nordestinho, Sao Pedro, Ilha De Sao Miguel,Acores, Portugal
Manoel Arruda and Maria Resende, married in jun 27/1737 in Achada Grande, Ilha de Sao Miguel, Acores, Portugal They had the children: 1- Jose Pereira da Costa b. 1735 Freguesia de São Pedro,Ilha de São Miguel,Açores,Portugal married to Francisca Ignacia Rosa born in Sao Miguel, Graciosa Island by 1752 and died in Desterro/SC/Brazil in 27/mar/1819. Jose died also in Desterro in 23/ja/1803 2- Manoel Arruda Jr. born in 4/jan/1736 in Vera Cruz, Ponta Delgada, Ilha Sao Miguel, Acores, Portugal, and had another child .... Arruda. Please let me know if anyone know about these people they are my 6th freat grandparents. Please send messages to my private email below. Thank you Carlos Bertemes [email protected] On Jul 21, 1:21 am, Kathy Cardoza <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Everyone > > I'm researching the records for Topo, Sao Jorge on the CCA site. I > came across a couple of records that have me stumped. I just don't > quite know what they are. If someone could take a quick look at them > to see what you think, I'd really appreciate it. They are so different > from any other baptismal record I've ever seen. > > From Baptisms: > > http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/SJCTB1860-1869/SJ... > > This Joao Marcelino Vieira da Costa is a resident of Brazil. The > record is dated 2 Jan 1869. It mentions his birth date of 14 Jun 1829 > in Topo, which I found that record (see the next link.) I know from > his baptismal record that he was baptized in Topo. So, what is this? > Is he being adopted? His mother, Umbelina Rosa, was my husband's 3GG. > This is the second (that I know of) child she had out of wedlock. > > Who is Angelo Antonio Vieira da Costa that is mentioned in this > record? Is he saying HE was Joao's father? Is this a legitimization? > He is also mentioned in the margin notes of this next record (link > below), which is Joao's baptismal record. > > Umbelina's other child out of wedlock was my husband's 2GG, Baltasar > Freitas Vieira da Costa ........interesting as it is the same surname > of the above Angelo! > > http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/biblioteca_digital/SJCTB1828-1840/SJ... > > Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. > > Kathy > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Visit the Azores GenWeb Project: > http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/azoresindex.html > Climb my Family Tree: > http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/Kathy/index.htm > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

