While I was in Ponta Delgada in May of this year, there is a shopping  
center very close to the hotel we stayed at - Hotel Avenida. There I  
purchased the book recommended on this site a while back "Acores, Nine  
Islands, One History" for 20 Euros...at the time about $28 USD with the  
exchange rate today closer to $32. I have just started reading it but it  
seems to be very informative. It is written both in Portuguese and also in  
English (1 book is divided into 2 sections). I believe it is available from  
someone at UC Berkeley...you can check our Archives for info.

"E"

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to