My great-grandmother used to make something like that with cod fish. I
don't remember saffron being in it. I know it had cod fish, onions, vinegar  &
I think red peppers from a jar ( they were chopped).  I will have to  check
with my Mom to see if she remembers what all went into it. I loved the
dish! It was all crumbled up like we do with tuna but no mayonnaise. I live in
Southern CA & we don't have the dried cod fish like they do back east. My
family was in the New Bedford, MA area & I loved visiting because of all the
Portuguese food! My mom, brother & I lived on Cape Cod & there was some
Portuguese foods but not like New Bedford! Oh i wish I could go visit!
Sherry

In a message dated 8/26/2011 8:24:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,