Is there anyone working on family history for Sao Jorge?  I am from
the Silva line out of Calhetta.
Looking for info on g g grandparents, ggrandparents' siblings, etc.
have posted before. I use Tribalpages. My great grand father was Jorge
Da Silva, his wife was Arminda Aurora Lui( z or s). George came to
America in 1898, Arminda came in 1906. I have George's immigration
papers and the release from the King. I have their marriage paper. I
have info on all their children. One person helped me find the ship
they came in on in 1906. But I am stuck going backwards since the rest
of the info is in Sao Jorge.

When George came in 1898 he had family with him. There were two. The
others got off in Brazil. There is family in Mass as well. Iam working
on that also.

Arminda had lived on Terciera prior to Sao Jorge. Her mother had died
on her family's boat. She was taken to Sao Jorge to be raised by
family since her father was a ships Capt.

I have some names that were listed on Calif death certificates. On
George's the name Neves was his mothers.
On Arminda's the name Diaz was on hers.

Thanks for your help,
Robin L

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to