Here is what I think that it says:
9 February 1891, in Nossa Senhora Conceicao
Manoel Bernardo da Silva & Maria dos Santos
He was 20 years old, single, native & baptised in Nossa Senhora Mae de Deos, 
the place of Povoacao
son legitimate of Francisco Bernardo da Silva, native of Nossa Senhora Ca___, 
place of Ribeira Grande
Then it says something about Nossa Senhora de Pinho de Franca, the place of 
Agua Retorta
She was 18 years, single
daughter legitimate of Manoel Jacintho ____________   and Margarida? de Medeiros
natives Mae de Deos the place of (I know that Mae de Deos is in Povoacao.)
THEN it says something about Nossa Senhora dos Remedios
TESTIMONY
Manoel Raposo, married, Cabouqueiro
Rosa Ferreira da Serpa??

I can't read the rest.
Shirley in CA
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email protected] 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:17 PM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation


  I believe I found my GGrandparents Casamentos from the Concelho of Povoação, 
Freguesia of Lomba do Loução. His name is Manuel Bernado da Silva and hers is 
Maria Madeira (or Medeira, Madeiros, Medeiros). On the passenger manifest for 
the SS Suveric it lists her Maria Madeira. For all I know it might be her 
middle name. Anyway, on the Casamentos it shows the name of Maria dos Santos. 
The marriage year of 1891 looks to be correct with Manuel being born in 1870 
and Maria between 1870 & 1875. Their first child, Maria was born in 1892. Since 
the only part of the Casamentos that I am able to read are their names can 
someone please translate the rest? Hopefully the attachments will show.



  Thanks,

  Paul





  -- 
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
  For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to