Ally,

Keep me posted if you find any information from the church.  My 2nd great
grandmother, Ana Furtado Jorge do Souto, was married in San Mateo County
and other than that information I have no other connections to her
Furtado's.  It wasn't until I met a cousin online who lives Texas who
happened to additional information from her grandmother about our mutual
2nd great grandmother and provided me with her full last name of Furtado
Jorge do Souto.  Once I had this, everything fell into place.

As I mentioned in my earlier post I've traced this line as far back as I
can in the village of Salao, Faial, Azores.  The only place I currently
have a stumbling block is from the Azores her to the USA to the time she
married.

Good luck on your search,

Robin Borba Besotes