Tomas,

I believe we have a connection as well.  I first discovered a connection to
Rose Trombas by way her cousin, Antone Lawrence Mendonca (Mendence) listing
her mother Mrs. Rose Trombas (Trombus per her burial information at St.
Josephs) as his aunt.  When I started look for Mrs. Rose Trombas I
discovered there were THREE of them.  One Rose Andrade Trombas born
1864-1870 who married John Trombas in about 1882 and a daughter who married
to Joe Abreu/Abrew per the 1930 census of Alameda County, CA.  The other
Rose Trombas was married Joaquin O. Trombas and immigrated with him in 1902
under the name of Rosa Amalia Silva - I have tracked this family and have
ruled them out as the Trombas family I was looking for.

At the time of Rose Trombas Abreau's death on January 15, 1941 her mother
was listed as an "Andrade" - this clinched it for me.  I knew that Antone
Mendonca's mother was Adelaide (Adelina?) Augusta Andrade of Fayal.

Also, in the 1930 Census; living next door to Joseph Abreu, his wife Rose
and mother-in-law Rose Trombas were Antone and Clara Abreu.  Joseph Abreu
was born August 19, 1897 an died in Alameda County, CA on March 12, 1987 -
mothers maiden name was given as Leal.  Minnie Agnes Andrade Abreu was born
June 9, 1896 and died in Alamada County on August 18, 1992 - father surname
was Andrade and mother was Maciel.  Antone Silva Abreu was born Agust 1866
and died February 13, 1942 (father Abreu and mother was a Vargas) - Clara
F. Abreu was born May 28, 1861 an died March 20, 1955 (father was an
Andrade).  I believer Joe Abreu and Rose may have been cousins of sorts due
to the Andrade connections.

All of these people (Rose Andrade Trombas, her husband John 1854 (or 1857)
-1915 and Rose Trombas Abreu and Joe are all buried in the St. Josephs
Cemetery in Fremond, CA.

I am trying to trace the Andrade (Adelaide and her sister Rose - wonder if
Clara was another sister?) and the Mendonca family (which was from Graciosa
- but they immigrated from Fayal per passenger lists).  I have not been
able to find Rose Andrade or her husband John/Joao in the passenger records
as of yet.

Thus, you can see from the above, why I believe you and I have a connection
of sorts.

Hope I haven't confused anyone - if I have, please let me know.

Lee Estep, WV