From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Susan Vargas Murphy
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:57 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Rose Andrade Trombus/Trombas - Fayal

Hello Lee and Tomas!

Lee, I was the one who wrote you about the cemetery!  I just saw these last
posts about your search.  I keep on thinking that your Trombus/Trambas name
is SO familiar to me....but now that I see Tomas Leal's reply to you, he
might have mentioned that name to me in our correspondence some time back. I
don't know......but I do know one thing. I am familiar with the Minnie
Andrade that married Jose Abreu....and Sam, if you are reading, she was the
sister to the Manuel Andrade that you mention that lived on Curtner Road. My
maternal grandparents Maciel were very good friends of Manuel Andrade and so
I have a picture of that Andrade family of Warm Springs. I enterend them in
my genealogy program through a "far out" connection to my family because i
knew that my grandparents were fond of them. Lee...you have Minnie's
mother's maiden name as Maciel....I have her as Mary D. Maciel/Marciel...I
am not sure where I got the other spelling with the r. The father was Joseph
D. Andrade......I have a note that the D may have been Dutra as I found a
death record that looks like it might be his, but I am not sure  (remember I
am just keeping track of these people for fun:)  Anyway, John and Mary had
quite a few children.....Joe, Minnie, John, Manuel, William, Ernest,
Mildred, Isabel, Alfred and Edward. Another connection of interest to me is
that John drowned in Moss Landing in 1927 with a friend who was my father's
first cousin. This is not the direction that you want to go, but it does add
a little more to the "story".

Susan Vargas Murphy