Lee,

I've just found Laureanna's maternal grandmother Josefa Maria marrying Mateus
Furtado in Candelaria. She was born there to parents Francisco Costa Maciel and
Clara Rosa. And, another connection between you and I now exists.
Unfortunately, Candelaria's records are like Swiss cheese- full of holes. There
are large gaps in the records. Also, many of the pages are extremely faint. So,
even if you can find the record, you may not be able to read it. Sao Mateus'
records are head and shoulders better than those in Candelaria.

I'll let you know if I have any more  break throughs.

Gayle