Manuel E.C., I think for a certified record you may need to write to the Civil Registry, unless the Biblioteca has some way to certify old records. I know we can get certified copies from them, but I don't know if they are valid for your purpose.
The Civil Registry for Ribeira Quente would be Povoacao. Conservatória do Registo Civil 9650 Povoação São Miguel, Açôres Portugal They may kick you back to the Biblioteca though. When you are done with this project, start a new thread and list your R.Quente families. I have some lines from there. Cheri Mello Listowner, Azores-Gen Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada -- For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

