It was common. And sometimes they added more names and took away some. In
reality they were probably known by one or two names, but on occasion would
use other names to indicate their ancestors relationships. Amalia and
Emila, in my experience are most common after 1850 or so. Don' see it much
before that period. There would only be a possible connection if you were
in the same village in the same time period.

JR