http://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Brazil_Civil_Registration_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records)

Here is a link to some of the Brazilian civil records; scroll down to the 
bottom, you'll.see the civil records that are available.  You can only browse 
through these particular civil records

I've browsed church records for brazil, so I can't speak for Brazil civil 
records.  But, I have spent a lot of time browsing Mexican civil records and I 
can say this: although very time consuming, many of the civil records have 
indexes included in the books.   So, if you have a good idea of the timeframe 
of the record you're looking for, than it's worth the effort, provided the book 
has an index. 
 I been looking though a Mexican civil registry book the last 3 nights, it's 
2,175 pages, and each page had about 5 registrations.  It's partially indexed, 
but because of that index, it allowed me to locate the one record I was really 
after.  I then took the date from the civil record and located the church 
record.  All of you know that feeling you get when you've located a hard earned 
family document, well, that makes it worth the effort. 

Or, you could wait until Ancestry.com has the entire Brazil civil collection 
searchable. Although there's a massive amount of records, they're moving at a 
fairly quick pace. 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to