I do not know why but last year when I called Azores Express in Fall River 
I saved $75.00 over internet prices. I was so surprised that I told the 
agent book me right now :-) but could not because they had to send me my 
flight dates and check if they were right.
She emailed me and 5 minutes later I was calling back and reserving my 
tickets

On Monday, April 28, 2014 3:14:13 PM UTC-4, Manuel Martins wrote:

>  
> SATA flies to Ponta Delgada from Boston year round, however, connecting 
> flights to the other islands can be challenging, I normally fly Boston to 
> Ponta Delgada in the evening and then take the 9AM flight to Pico.  
> Everything can be done via the website I no longer call the Fall River, I 
> used to spent to much time on hold.  
>
> The return flight from Pico makes a technical stop in Terceira.  In the 
> winter months I have to spend a night in Sao Miguel.  Plan you itinerary.  
> If flying out of Terceira, it's a 1/2 less but it's only available during a 
> certain period of the year.  Stop there and go see a bull fight.
>
> I'll second Cheri's suggestion of staying overnight in Boston both ways.  
> It's a beautiful city and we have some great Portuguese restaurants and 
> clubs that serve food. 
>
> Manny
>
> On 4/28/2014 2:26 PM, Cheri Mello wrote:
>  
>    Carol,
>
>  The travel agent for Artesia was named Ana.  I don't remember her last 
> name. She no longer works as an agent.  She is David's cousin.
>
>  I know when I go, I prefer to fly to the east coast and spend a day or 2 
> visiting people and then on to the Azores.  The jet lag isn't so hard for 
> me that way.  But that's my own preference.
>
>  The last time one of my student's went, they flew non-stop from Oakland 
> to TER.  She told me her mom said that they will never do that again, as it 
> was just too long up in the air for them.  Again, personal preference.
>
>  I think the airports that go directly to the Azores are Oakland, Boston, 
> Toronto, and I don't remember what else.
>  
>  Starting sometime in the spring and ending sometime in the fall, you can 
> fly directly to the Azores from North America.  The other times of the 
> year, you have to get to Europe and then fly back.  Something about the 
> flight patterns.
>
> Ed de Melo is a travel agent on this list.  Maybe he has contacted you by 
> now.
>
>  SATA operates in America as Azores Express.  Their office is in Fall 
> River, Massachusetts: http://goo.gl/reeCra
>  
>
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Carol Warnock <[email protected]<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone know what is the best way to fly to the Azores from Los 
>> Angeles?  Would it be through Boston,Toronto or NYC and flying directly to 
>> Terceria or should we go through Lisbon to Terceirra?  We especially want 
>> to take in Pico de Lajes and Madeleina. Does anyone remeember the name of 
>> the travel agent who arrranged the Artesia DES Band trip or the San Diego 
>> Filarmonica Band Trip?  Any help would be appreciated! 
>>  Carol Silva Warnock 
>>  PS:  My daughter even suggested San Diego to Heathrow (London UK) then 
>> to Lisbon then Terceira.
>>   -- 
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
>> membership."
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>  
>
>
> -- 
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
> membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>
>
>  

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to