Until just now, I decided not to participate any further in this list.
After all, who wants this crap thrown at them? Some of these women either just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or that's their chronic condition. The hostility is amazing. And who wants to be in a hostile place, let alone help to make it better?!

But many people encouraged me privately not to stop. Just ignore them. Anyway, this is a public forum and though the owner and creator of this list is having a very bad month, it seems, it's not really her list. It's for everyone, new and old, beginner or proficient. And so I say to those few who are so disturbed by my presence, go pound dirt, as that wise grandmother suggested.

Apparently, my DNA idea stepped on Cheri's toes. How dare anyone enter her domain?
But I am certain there are so many others who understand my idea is really fantastic.

I'm so excited at the possibilities I refuse to simply lurk, though there is nothing wrong with lurking.

So I will post again on the exact subject that is so exciting, but not carry on this thread.

I would like to make a suggestion for those who so dislike me. First of all, I don't care. I'm not looking for your vote. But most of all, PLEASE, whatever you do, PLEASE set up your email program to automatically send my messages straight to the trash. I would not like all the great ideas and information I share with the great people on the list to end up in your hands.

Do I give everyone free information? No.
Does Joao Ventura (from Terceira) give anyone free information? No. He rarely contributes to the list.
But let me ask you this. If you have a job at which you work every day, do you take home a pay check? If you don't, I guess you are a volunteer and that's really great. If you do get a pay check, why did you get it? Did you perform a valuable task for which you think you should get paid? So how is that any different when applied to professional genealogy? I often send friends and colleagues free information. I do it in private and I do it all the time.

My hidden agenda? Yup. I got one. But maybe it's not so hidden, really. In fact, I broadcast it loud and clear all the time. I am documenting the families of Pico and Terceira for future publication in books with current plans to have one volume for each freguesia (parish) that will be the end all of any genealogy book you ever saw before. How closely I can come to that goal is yet to be determined, but it won't be for lack of trying.

More messages to come soon (but close your eyes and delete me if you are not my friend).

For me, this thread is officially closed.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618