Just so people know....

Gedmatch has no Terms of Service.  You are giving them your raw data.  We,
as genealogists, know what we are doing with it.  We don't know what they
are doing with it.  The names of the people who have founded Gedmatch are
not on the site.  I believe they are genealogists, but I don't know for
certain.

I go to a lot of DNA speeches and conferences.  I hear the geneticists (PhD
geneticists, not genealogists into DNA) speak.  The sad truth is that they
are making nothing out of the 1, 3, and maybe 5 cMs.  I can't remember the
amount of SNPs on the current chip.  Who knows what will happen as time
evolves.  Maybe these small amounts of cMs will be meaningful with a
certain amount of SNPs.  I'll let the PhD and academics to their work.  And
it may take time.  Ten years ago they told us autosomal DNA was most likely
unusable.  And here we are today using it.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to