Hi Cheri,

Yes I know Gedmatch is a third party tool not a testing company,  however 
because of the  enhanced interpretation I personally think it is worth the 
risk. I first heard about Gedmatch from Roberta Estes she mentioned it in 
one of her blogs and I consider her a serious genealogist, I have been 
following her for a couple of years and respect her opinions. My comment 
about Gedmatch being superior to Family Finder in some ways was strictly in 
reference to interpretation of the raw data, overall I am happy with FTDNA 
I just wish they would offer more in the form of interpretation.One feature 
I would like to see is  chromosome painting  that way I could identify 
exactly what part of the chromosome I could find my particular admixture 
and compare it to my matches I think it would be great if FTDNA could 
incorporate that into the  Chromosome Browser. For example it could show 
that on Chromosome 18 from position A to position B that is Asian admixture 
therefore my matches on that segment also share Asian ancestry.

Antonio


-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to