From: rfrancispimen...@comcast.net
To: Azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Interesting record NS Estrela 1798
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:28:13 -0500

The bride is described as felha espura and refers to book of baptisms # 29
(Estrela 1776-1782)page 149
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-C-1784-1798/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-C-1784-1798_item1/P182.html
  Front side of page 182 (Right side of image) This is the baptism
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-B-1776-1782/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-B-1776-1782_item1/P151.html
 Front side of page 149, lower entry (lower right side of image) I cannot
understand all that is written but it appears that when the bride was born
there was a big to do about it. It does name her mother as Maria da Estrella
they use the word sui juris (I think it means she was under age) and then names
two men Jose de Arruda and Antonio Paxeca (Pacheco). I think she had relations
with both and was unsure who the father was so it names both. The marriage does
name Manuel Moniz da Costa a medidor (I think medidor is like a guardian or
judge) husband of Maria Pacheca. The marriage also names her mother Maria da
Estrella sui juris Perhaps one of our native speaker can get a better read of
what was going on. Rick Richard Francis PimentelEpping, NH