Hi Shirley,  Yes , it's your long lost cousin from So Dartmouth Ma. lol 
I'm back doing some genealogy and I'm a little rusty reading some of these 
certificates. 
  
Thanks for your help. 
  
I would imagine that these two certificates are brothers. Funny they got 
married 1 day apart. 
What do you think? 
  
Pat Mello 
  
1 degree here. 7:29 a.m. 
  
  

----- Original Message -----

From: "Shirley Allegre" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 1:10:29 PM 
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need help reading a casamento 

Hi Pat Mello.  Are you my cousin in S. Dartmouth, MA? 
  
This is how I read it: 
20 June 1722, 
Church:  Nossa Senhora Assumpcao (it is actually Assuncao), Village: Porto , 
Santa Maria (Azores)  (left side of page) 
Sebastiam de Almada 
( Andre Curvello X Anna de Almada ) 
SPOUSE 
Luzia de Mag _____ 
WIDOW of Antonio _____ de Rezendes, buried this Matriz. 
CERTIFIED (margin):  4 Sept. 1819 
  
RIGHT SIDE OF PAGE 
21 June 1722 
Francisco de Almada Cruvello 
( Andre Cruvello X Anna de Almada , deceased) 
SPOUSE 
Maria de Fontes de Mello 
(Manoel de Fontes Nunes X Maria de Mello) 
All (same place.) 
  
Shirley in CA 
  
  
  
  



----- Original Message ----- 
From: Ângela Loura 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:31 PM 
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need help reading a casamento 

Here's the link: 
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-ASSUNCAO-C-1717-1735/SMA-VP-ASSUNCAO-C-1717-1735_item1/P44.html
 

2015-02-18 0:01 GMT+00:00 < [email protected] > : 

<blockquote>

Hi Everyone, 
  
I'm doing research in the island of Santa Maria. Assuncao. The year is 
1717-1735 #0044. Casamento 
This is what I have. 
                                         Sebastiao de Almada ---parents Andre 
Carvalho and Anna de Almada.     Not sure if I'm reading names correctly 
  
                                    and his wife 
  
                                          Luiza de Mathius widow of Antonio 
Pedro Rezendes 
  
                                          June 20 ,1722   
  
  
I'm not sure if I have all the names correct. I do know that Sebastiao de 
Almada and his wife Luzia da Conceicao are the parents of my Melchior. I have 
checked way past this certificate to earlier years and have not found another 
Sebastiao and Luiza. This tells me that maybe she used another name. According 
to her children baptisms , she was listed as Conceicao. 
In this certificate it also tells me that Luiza was a widow. I have looked for 
their marriage certificate and can't find it. I did have some trouble reading 
the certificate so I may not be reading it correctly. I looked for the marriage 
in Assuncao. 
  
I'm wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks for your help  Sorry I didn't put 
the link to the page, but I don't know how to do it. 
  
  
Pat Mello 
  
Cold in Dartmouth, 5 ft drifts of snow, at least 3 1/2 ft of snow or more. More 
to come. 
  



-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group. 
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] . 
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores . 






-- 


Ângela Loura 

- Researching Santa Maria: LOURA (Santo Espírito), CABRAL (Assunção, São Pedro, 
Sta. Bárbara), PONTE (São Pedro) 

- Researching São Miguel: SOUSA (São Roque Rosto de Cão) 



-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group. 
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] . 
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores . 

</blockquote>



-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group. 
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] . 
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores . 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to