Hi JR, 
Thank you so much for helping me. I'm still working on that line. I found 
Antonio Cabrals and Luzia wedding certificate, so it gave me her parents name 
which brought me to her baptism record. Those records in the 1600's are just 
pieces. I was lucky to get it. 
  
Thanks for helping and caring 
  
Pat Mello 
1 degree in Dartmouth Ma. 

----- Original Message -----

From: "JR" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:44:53 PM 
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Need help reading a casamento 

Well your getting close, very difficult records. It's the ink bleeding through 
to other side.  

Sebastiao de Almada filho de Andre Carvalho (or Curvello?) and Anna de Almada 
com Luzia de Magalhais viuva de Antonio Cabral de Rezendes sepultado nesta 
Matriz ...and they were engaged baptised in same. 
Certified- Sept 4- 1819 

If you know the name to be Carvalho, you can ignore my question mark. I just 
know there are a lot of Curvellos in Santa Maria. And now you have a surname 
for Luzia da Conceicao Magalhais (Magalhes) 

JR 

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 7:01:26 PM UTC-5, Pat Sylvia wrote: 


Hi Everyone, 
  
I'm doing research in the island of Santa Maria. Assuncao. The year is 
1717-1735 #0044. Casamento 
This is what I have. 
                                         Sebastiao de Almada ---parents Andre 
Carvalho and Anna de Almada.     Not sure if I'm reading names correctly 
  
                                    and his wife 
  
                                          Luiza de Mathius widow of Antonio 
Pedro Rezendes 
  
                                          June 20 ,1722   
  
  
I'm not sure if I have all the names correct. I do know that Sebastiao de 
Almada and his wife Luzia da Conceicao are the parents of my Melchior. I have 
checked way pass this certificate to earlier years and have not found another 
Sebastiao and Luiza. This tells me that maybe she used another name. According 
to her children baptisms , she was listed as Conceicao. 
In this certificate it also tells me that Luiza was a widow. I have looked for 
their marriage certificate and can't find it. I did have some trouble reading 
the certificate so I may not be reading it correctly. I looked for the marriage 
in Assuncao. 
  
I'm wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks for your help  Sorry I didn't put 
the link to the page, but I don't know how to do it. 
  
  
Pat Mello 
  
Cold in Dartmouth, 5 ft drifts of snow, at least 3 1/2 ft of snow or more. More 
to come. 
  





-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group. 
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] . 
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores . 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to