Yes, or "Cateu" or "Coter".  No argument there.  It may well not be his
record, but it was the only WWI registration record I found that came close
when I searched using the Familysearch.org site.

His birth year, wife's name and general location are right.  If the date of
birth and/or address can be confirmed, it would strengthen the case for it
being his record.

best,

Linda