Todd, you really need to go to the AzoresGenWeb site and download the
Portuguese Genealogical Word List and Portuguese Paleography. There is also
a section on the abbreviations that you will need as you to farther back in
time. The Paleography also has a section of documents that can be
translated line-by-line so you get used to the format the priests used.

Rosemarie
[email protected]
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:50 AM, brownat68 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks Sandra!
>
> I do like trying to translate these records these and I am trying a new
> tactic with two monitors and an ever growing list of common Portuguese
> words and their meaning.
>
> I have tried to tried to translate the record you mentioned and this is
> how bad I butchered it:
>
> *20 7 in September in thousand 8 hundred 70 Ponta Delgada dioceses? Of
> Manuel Correia De jesus what know the come all the*
> *Impediment?*
> *Not married*
> *Husband or wife was 20?*
> *Lawful *
> *Fransica Carreiro natural of ???? Jesus*
> *Rabo de pexia Julia de jesus natural  *
> *Not married legitimate daughter of Joao Correia and ? De jesus*
>
> How bad did I do? There were a lot of words I could not make out at all or
> find the meaning to. Now that my work has slowed a bit I have more time to
> devote to trying to learn more.
>
> Todd
>
> On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 8:23:48 PM UTC-4, brownat68 wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Wondering if anyone has these people and their ancestors I their tree:
>>
>> *João Botelho* married to *Jacinta Cândida* (*No birth, marriage, or
>> death dates unfortunately*)
>> Children: José Botelho, birth: 1845 Ribeira Quente, São Miguel, Açores,
>> Portugal
>> Marriage to: 6 Apr 1874, São Jose, Ponta Delgada, São Miguel, Açores,
>> Portugal
>>
>> I am trying to plug a few holes in my recent ancestry. I'd love to talk
>> with anyone who has this couple or their family.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Todd
>>
> --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to