Hi Cheri,

Thanks.  Your cM explanation really helps to explain parameters.  I suspect
the lower levels are my ‘target’ generations?

The ‘we’ refers to the cousin (hopefully) who contacted me.  Per paper
research, she is 4th cousin (also verified by DNA [ancestry]) to someone
who is my 6th cousin (paper research).  She and her mother are both also
registered at FTDNA and the ones who are not showing up in my matches.

The paper details are well-documented, and DNA would verify what is ‘known’
(unless a non paternal event is discovered).  Hence the frustration re the
cut-off.

Marsha Stringer

strin...@mstringer.net