Ok I am confused. Most ship logs I have seen it just names the passenger not 
the names of the parents (unless they are also passengers).

 

I looked at the 1920 US census earlier today and it says that Honerio came to 
the US in 1908 and Lucinda came in 1912.  Is there a way you can show the 
complete record of the snippit you show below? 

The birth years on the 1920 census agree with the information you have shown us 
so far.  Unless you can show positive information on tying Manuel Arruda to 
Lucinda  I am inclined to believe that your Lucinda is one of the two Lucinda’s 
we have found in the records for 1884. 

Lucinda would have sailed from the Acores using her name and not the last name 
of Honerio. This is why I am inclined to believe that it is one of the two 
Lucinda’s

 

At the start of this thread you said the ship she arrived on was the Romanic in 
1911. The Romanic  last arrived in NY in Nov of 1910. Was this the port she 
arrived at? 

 

I have to go back and see if the census says anything about when she married. 
If she was single when she arrived in the US then she could have married in 
Attleboro. If she married in the Acores then it must have been after 1905.

 

Rick

 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Cheri Mello
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 10:08 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Lucinda Pacheco (1884-1955)

 

Father Manuel Arruda, Ribeirinha

Father Alexandre M. Caral, Urselina

Father Jose C. Pacheco




Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, 
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Cheryle Dougherty <[email protected]> 
wrote:

Ok, back to the records again.  Here is where I got the name Manuel Arruba for 
her father's name.  This was on the same line as her name in ship log.  She is 
listed as Lucinda Pachaco Averio and her friend that she is coming to is 
Honerio Pacheco Averio (my uncle) It is the first line.  Maybe you might come 
up with a different name.  This was on ancestry.

 

 

 
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154489993603589&set=gm.658102424374883&type=3>
 

 
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154489993603589&set=gm.658102424374883&type=3>
 Image may contain: text

 

 
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/438321819686279/permalink/658102424374883/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D>
 3 Comments

 

 

 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:

192 is Simao Pacheco Leite. L and S can sometimes look the same.

Use the shape of the word to help you.

Simao would have a tall letter at the beginning and then a rectangular box 
following.

Lucinda would be a longer word and have a chimney towards the end.

Like this, but in handwritten form:


Inline image 1




Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, 
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Cheryle Dougherty <[email protected]> 
wrote:

#192  It looked like it could be Lucinda and I saw Pacheco and it looks like it 
could be Averio for the name.  Then I think it is the parents name.  Maybe I am 
looking at it wrong.

 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Rosemarie Capodicci <[email protected]> wrote:

If it's the one I think you are seeing it's Simao Pacheco Liete (#192?), I 
don't see a Lucinda on any of the lines. 




Rosemarie 

 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,

Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Cheryle Dougherty <[email protected]> 
wrote:

I found this on passports.  I see a Lucinda Pachaco A???. I can't read the 
other names.  

http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1910-1911/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1910-1911_item1/P66.html

 

 

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Margaret Vicente <[email protected]> 
wrote:

Hi Cheryle,

 

Took a peak and found a couple of Lucindas in 1884 but none born to Manuel 
Arruda. 

 

Did find Honorio's birth record # 39 right side

 

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-RIBEIRINHA-B-1880-1889/SMG-RG-RIBEIRINHA-B-1880-1889_item1/P143.html

 

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Cheryle Dougherty 
<[email protected]> wrote:

I’m trying to find my aunts maiden name and when she and my uncle got married 
in the Azores.  Here is what I have from the ship log of the Romanic.,1911.  
Lucinda Isabella Averio.(b 1884) from Ribeirinha. Father ? Manuel Arruda.  My 
uncle was Hnorio Pachaco Averio. His parents were Manuel Pacheco Averio and 
Filemena deJesus Pavao. I was told they got married before coming to the US and 
whatever children they had died in the Azores.  They never had children in the 
US and lived in Attleboro, Massachusetts.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.





 

-- 

Margaret M Vicente

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to