That is exactly it, he was a foundling given to be fostered by.....

    On Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:36 AM, Theresa Entin
<ten...@fullchannel.net> wrote:

 I don’t know what this means.

 I can basically read the marriage certificate.  The issue I am having is,
after the name of the groom, it says Pais Incognito, but then it says ????……….
Maria Jacinta wife of Manuel Medeiros from Lomba do Gago S. Jose.

Is this his adopted mother?

Right Side
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-GINETES-C-1849-1860/SMG-PD-GINETES-C-1849-1860_item1/P54.html