From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lima
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:07 PM
To: AZORES
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] A child "presented" to Izabel Martins

Wow!  Izabel had a daughter which they named Maria and was baptized April
1-then a few pages later I find ANOTHER child baptized 1 June (also named
Maria) but her parents are Unknown.  It says she was "presented" to Izabel
Martins, wife of Manoel da Costa.

How do I record this second Maria who is not biological child of the couple?
(Well, we don't know if she's the child of the father or some relative) when
this child was given to her to raise, she already had 5 of her own and the
youngest was two months old.  Weird situation but maybe someone has more
insight.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P103.html

Help?

Maria Elena