Maria Elena,

It depends how you are doing your search. If you're going one by one it is
a very slow process.  I use Firefox browser for my searches which enables
me to open up to 50 records at at time speeding up the process
exponentially.  If you are not doing that you should try it.  Besides that
Part of my family ancestry is ingrained in Ponta Delgada.

And, you are welcome!

Take care.
Margaret

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Margaret and JR:
>
> What a treasure you've given me.  Saying "Thank You" doesn't begin to
> express my excitement.
>
> Margaret, I read your email last night after "lights out".  I accompanied
> my husband on a trip to Indiana and I get to spend 2 WHOLE days doing
> family research.  YAY!  I'm not home so laundry or dust or cooking don't
> call my name😀.  Yesterday I only found the Maria born in São José but
> still felt rewarded for all the hours I spent looking for Antonia.
>
> I was certain that I would look for find Antonia today.  I almost  fell
> out of bed when I saw you already found Antonia and "then some"!!  How on
> earth did you find those records that fast?  I spent all day and came up
> with one name!!
>
> JR- what a treasure you sent.  I've been reschearching for almost a year
> to trace my husband's LIMA name and got as far back as some of the names
> you sent me.
>
> Yesterday I decided to find as many husbands and wives of Manoel da
> Costa's (and Izabel Martins') children.   You sent me that and more.
>
> What a reward after yesterday when I felt like all those hours and I only
> got one name!!!  (Of course I did a happy dance when I found even that ONE
> name.). 🤡
>
> Thank you- Thank You!!
>
>  Maria Elena
>
> On Aug 8, 2017, at 8:09 PM, Elizabeth Migliori <lizmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> she was given child because she was nursing and could feed the baby.
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Wow!  Izabel had a daughter which they named Maria and was baptized April
>> 1-then a few pages later I find ANOTHER child baptized 1 June (also named
>> Maria) but her parents are Unknown.  It says she was "presented" to Izabel
>> Martins, wife of Manoel da Costa.
>>
>> How do I record this second Maria who is not biological child of the
>> couple? (Well, we don't know if she's the child of the father or some
>> relative) when this child was given to her to raise, she already had 5 of
>> her own and the youngest was two months old.  Weird situation but maybe
>> someone has more insight.
>>
>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-
>> SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P103.html
>>
>> Help?
>>
>> Maria Elena
>>
>> --

Margaret M Vicente