Maria Elena,

Here's Antonia's baptised August 28 1686 - right side, 2nd before last.
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P131.html

Here's other children for this couple:
Joao, left side
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P18.html
Manuel, left side
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P41.html
Maria, left side
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P102.html
Maria, left side
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P117.html

The child Maria of incognito parents you speak of "was presented" for
baptism by Isabel Martins wife of Manuel da Costa.  Baptism required some
one to present the child.  It is an ancient ritual.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow!  Izabel had a daughter which they named Maria and was baptized April
> 1-then a few pages later I find ANOTHER child baptized 1 June (also named
> Maria) but her parents are Unknown.  It says she was "presented" to Izabel
> Martins, wife of Manoel da Costa.
>
> How do I record this second Maria who is not biological child of the
> couple? (Well, we don't know if she's the child of the father or some
> relative) when this child was given to her to raise, she already had 5 of
> her own and the youngest was two months old.  Weird situation but maybe
> someone has more insight.
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-
> PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687/SMG-PD-SAOJOSE-B-1673-1687_item1/P103.html
>
> Help?
>
> Maria Elena

Margaret M Vicente