I have him as Manoel, born- Dec 8-1737, bap- Dec 13- 1737, Pad- Rev da 
Lomba, Pedro da Costa Leite e madrinha, Maria Margarida do Sacramento filha 
de Thome da Costa Pimentel e Maria da Costa moradores nesta lugar de Maya.

JR

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 2:33:06 AM UTC-4, IslandRoutes wrote:
>
> JR,Margaret,and Julio
> I believe I found their son, Manoel's baptismal.  This would be the Manoel 
> who is my ancestor and who married Catarina Mello e Medeiros.  I am having 
> trouble making out the birth and baptismal dates.  Can someone help out 
> with this?
>
> I think the baptismal date is something in December 1737:
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-MAIA-B-1731-1743/SMG-RG-MAIA-B-1731-1743_item1/P110.html
>
> Thanks!
> Mel
> On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:58:44 AM UTC-7, IslandRoutes wrote:
>>
>> Over the years, I've gotten information from various quarters but lately 
>> I've been going back over the research, finding the records, and filling in 
>> the blanks.  In doing so, I found an error in the parentage of one of my 
>> ancestors that changes the maternal line.  
>>
>> The problem started when I noticed I did not have the marriage date for 
>> Manoel Pacheco de Rezendes and Catarina Mello e Medeiros.  I went searching 
>> and found it: 25 May 1759, Maia.  I began to look at his siblings and 
>> something just didn't sit right.  I had information from Rodrigo Rodrigues 
>> work began to compare and realized that his father, Manoel Pacheco de 
>> Rezendes had two wives with similar names.  Somehow they were seen as one 
>> and all the children were given to the wrong wife.
>>
>> First wife should be Josefa Costa Carneiro, m. 11 Feb 1727, Maia.  She 
>> was daughter of Tomaz Costa Carneiro and Anna de Souza.  It appears there 
>> was only one child from this marriage (I still need to confirm her birth): 
>>  Margarida.
>>
>> Second wife should be Josefa da Costa, m. 3 May 1736, Maia, daughter of 
>> Andre da Costa m. Beatriz da Souza.  Children from this marriage (so far) 
>> are: Manoel (my ancestor), Francisca and Anna (twins), Margarida, Maria, 
>> Joao, Antonio, and Angela.
>>
>> Hopefully, I am the only one with this mistake.  I've fixed my database, 
>> but still have to correct my tree on Wikitree and FTDNA.
>>
>> This is family as I have it worked out.  I still need to confirm that 
>> there were really two different daughters named Margarida.
>>
>> 1-*Manoel PACHECO DE REZENDES-2048*
>> b: 5 Feb 1700, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> +*Josefa COSTA CARNEIRO-2046*
>> b: abt 1705, Porto Formoso, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Isl., Acores
>> m: 11 Feb 1727, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Margarida PACHECO DE REZENDES-13474*
>> b: , Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Antonio do MONTE-13475*
>> m: 5 Jun 1772, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> +*Josefa da COSTA-7739*
>> m: 3 May 1736
>> . . . . 2-*Manoel PACHECO DE REZENDES-1022*
>> b: abt 1745, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> d: 20 Aug 1797
>> . . . . +*Catarina de MELLO E MEDEIROS-1023*
>> b: 30 Apr 1740, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> m: 25 May 1759, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . 2-*Francisca PACHECO DE REZENDES-11052*
>> b: 3 Mar 1747, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Manoel PACHECO BULHAO-11053*
>> m: May 1770, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Anna PACHECO DE REZENDES-11056*
>> b: 3 Mar 1747, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Jose TAVARES DE ARRUDA-11057*
>> m: 1767, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Margarida PACHECO DE REZENDES-13434*
>> b: 4 Apr 1749, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Maria PACHECO DE REZENDES-11048*
>> b: 28 Oct 1750, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Manoel COSTA PONTE-11049*
>> m: 5 May 1772, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Joao PACHECO DE REZENDES-11036*
>> b: 12 Jul 1755, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Anna Maria ???-11037*
>> m: 10 May 1779, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Antonia PACHECO-11033*
>> b: 5 Oct 1752, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . +*Jose de PIMENTEL-11034*
>> m: 18 Aug 1781, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> . . . . 2-*Angela PACHECO DE REZENDES-11060*
>> . . . . +*Antonio MEDEIROS-6381*
>> b: 3 Mar 1736, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>> m: 25 Jul 1760, Maia, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Island
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to